About Zandra Ross
Zandra Ross is a community and organizational development magician and a health, wellness and fitness nut. She is dedicated to helping groups and individuals achieve their goals through honest communication, skill building, team building, healthy lifestyle development, and lifestyle/executive coaching.
The mission of Zandra Ross Lifestyle Studio and Consulting Services is to provide a fun, creative, safe space for people to dream, plan, implement and grow. We offer a wide range of services on these themes.
Zandra’s work and volunteer experience includes training and employment, organizational and community development, community treaty preparation, fundraising/proposal development, program/service development and delivery, strategic planning, human resource management, event planning, needs assessment researcher/statistician, facilitation/public speaking, personal training, group fitness, yoga teacher and health/lifestyle/executive coaching.
She is of First Nation’s descent from the Williams Lake Indian Band and has worked considerably in First Nations communities with members and leadership in all capacities. Her consulting work has also included an overseas assignment to Davao, Philippines as an Indigenous Persons Specialist with the Philippines-Canada Economic and Environmental Development and Management organization (PCEEM). During this time, she engaged local leaders, natural resource specialists and indigenous communities to develop sustainable community driven economic and environmental strategies.
The mission of Zandra Ross is to provide a creative, safe space for people to dream, plan, implement, grow and embrace change.
Fundamental to this mission are the ideas drawn upon from the book by John Izzo PhD, “Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything.” The main concept is that we are 100% responsible for the change we want to occur personally, professionally and throughout the world. The twelve principles introduced by this book form the foundation of Zandra Ross and are intertwined in all of the work that we do.
- The Five Rows of Responsibility – to create change we must act locally.
- It’s Not My Job, It’s Not My Fault – leaders of change make it their job and don’t make excuses.
- I Am Only One Person – you are one person, one very important person.
- Only Naïve People Change the World – believe that change is possible.
- 100% Responsibility/No Excuses – always identify what part you played and what you can do better.
- Do Something… Do Anything – small changes are better than no changes.
- Always Begin With The Room You Are In – begin change with you and how you interact with the world.
- Leadership Is Not a Position – leadership is a choice and is not bestowed up on you.
- Stepping Up by Speaking Out – speak up without blaming or complaining.
- Who Am I to Step Up? – you are the only one you can control.
- Creating a Culture of Stepping Up – people find it easier to take the first step if they know they are not alone.
- One Person Always Matters – change is the sum of what every single person does or contributes.